Monday 9 March 2015

Do Angels Exist?

A true friend is the one who walks in when the world walks out. This is so true.

Sheenu walked in my life (and literally walked in my house) like that. She left her residence and her newly born baby at her mother’s and shifted in with us. With her came Naman. Then came the newly-weds Lipika and Nitin. Then to make the tiny house seem tinier, Vaibhav and Sukriti also joined in. Each one assumed their own role in the new family as if it were a pre-written script. The Badmash Company was formed for a reason and it was time for these people to stand up for what they believed in. The reason they came to stay with us will always be Papa.
But suddenly I got the sisters I never had.


I used to dislike Sheenu a lot. I had never shared Papa with anyone and suddenly, Papa liked spending a lot of time with her. She made him laugh and she understood him. She listened to him and cried with him. But in time, I started to love her. Now, I can’t imagine life without her. She forgot her own world and made us her world. What she has done and is still doing, I can never forget. She fought with her family and society to make sure Papa was never alone. For me, leaving home for my training proved much easier knowing that she is there with the love of my life. We hardly get to talk now. We don’t go for dates, we don’t talk on phone, we don’t chat but she knows exactly what to say when I need a friend. She will always be my number one best friend. She became the glue when I lost the will to even talk to my brothers. I can never thank her enough for being my pillar of strength.


Lipika taught me that it is totally possible to be happy all the time. She dances to weird songs ALL the time. She is the best friend I go to when I have to trust someone to take Snowy for a surgery when I am not around. She is the one I have to look at when I have to leave the next day and I have no food to take with me back to the hostel. At 9 in the night, she drives to get me a suitcase full of stuff. She never complains. I know I can trust her to listen very attentively to the little gossip I have about my non-existent social life and make me feel important. She hugs me the tightest and the most number of times. I can’t thank her enough for her PDA.



Sukriti- my wifey. With her around, I never have to worry about incomplete housework. She goes to work, comes back, does laundry and then cooks food- without a tired line on her face. I think I take a lot of advantage of her-I make her get me milk or maggi at 12 in the night and yes, she does that very happily. She is the best friend I can take along to college trips and know that with her around, I would not have a dull moment.



I had met Aman just a few days before Maa went. When no friend found time to visit me, he came. Like the others, even he had no idea what to say to me but he was still there. When I needed to get out of the house for air, he was always ready to take me for a drive. I did house-chores with him and he didn’t mind. He let me cry on his shoulder without saying a word. He let me take his case shamelessly when I was in a happy mood. He became my best friend. When I shifted, he still drove for 1.5 hours to meet me whenever I asked. When I shifted to another state, he became the only one I talked to on the phone.
He spends a lot of time with my family and thus through him, I get to know what funny things are happening at home. I stay connected and hate him for being the medium for that connection. He listens to all my mood swings and calms me down when I freak out for whatever reason. Without him, I can’t imagine getting through a rough day here. He knows exactly when to keep shut and let me rant and he knows exactly when to shut me up and make me laugh.

Do angels exist?
Yes- yes, they do.


No comments:

Post a Comment