Saturday 31 December 2011

Philosophy-ing much?


School was so safe. I had a known group of friends, the same ones over the years. Everyone knew everyone. But that same group of friends seems strange now. I wonder why. Was it me who changed? Or was it them? It’s just time. Their surroundings changed, the people around them changed. But I wish they hadn't changed. But change is inevitable. Too much change? :P
Everyone thinks they know best and that a little success on the plate gives them the right to become teachers of life. If things go well with anyone, they assume whatever they did was right. Whatever decisions they made, whatever choices they made, were right. It may be true, but I still feel time matters. Life is a circle of ups and downs. Everyone goes through good and bad times. But the thing is, people change with the times. Well, that’s a good thing, isn’t it? I’m not so sure.
I feel whatever good a person has, that is tested only in his bad times. If one retains that goodness in the worst of times, he comes out as a winner.
Ya, so, back to my point. When  all is well, people feel whatever they’re doing is right and thus they assume that their way of life is the best and must be followed and so they start preaching about life to life. But in truth, it’s time which makes a person intelligent or dumb. Sometimes, a person may work hard, try to make life his way, but it still doesn’t seem to work out. That’s life. But that doesn’t mean that the person is useless or is a loser, does it?
I would always want to remain a student of life. I would always want life to teach me, and not the other way round.
I say this right now. But when I too see my goals being pursued, I would also treat myself as God, won’t I? Very probable.
Because it's very easy to sit outside and judge people the whole time. It's when one gets pushed into the arena that his real test of character is taken. I'm somehow glad then that I didn't get 'success' so easily. Time will make me mature. Hopefully I will not repeat what I'm seeing right now, and not liking. 

2 comments:

  1. Superb read. Even i am thankful i didn't 'succeed' in a few things so easily. :)

    Love the expressions although they are jumbled up. :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I wrote this in a very confused state of mind! Thanks again :)

      Delete